Your First Visit To Olivera Weight Management Weight Loss Clinic
The first thing you need to know about our staff at Olivera Weight Management is that we love helping people.
We love to assist our patients with obstacles that have kept them from losing weight. We’re supportive, empathetic and we understand what it takes to lose weight and keep the weight off.
Now is the time to start losing weight!
When that time comes and you’re ready to make a change, a change that will impact every aspect of your life—from your interactions with family members and friends to the way you feel when you get up in the morning—we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get started! So simply call us at 773.327.6624 to schedule an appointment. But get started! (And our staff speaks Spanish, too!)
5 things to know about your first visit to our weight loss clinic
- New patients MUST schedule an appointment. When you call us to schedule an appointment, we'll ask for some basic information to get you set up in our EHR system. Then, we'll email you a consent and registration form to complete online before your visit.
- You’ll receive a complete physical assessment. In a private consultation room, one of Dr. Olivera's specially trained medical staff will perform a physical assessment that includes measurements of height, weight, waist circumference, body mass index, heart rate and blood pressure. Additionally, we will also listen to your heart and lungs.
- We’ll give you a comprehensive explanation of how the program works. Our medical staff members will explain in detail our well-established and successful weight-loss program, answer any questions you may have, and then work with you to individualize the program, creating a set of goals focused on your unique needs.
- You will be offered an injection of vitamin B12 along with a supply of appetite suppressant medication Phentermine. Our program is intended for overweight or obese patients with a body mass index (BMI) greater than 25. The vitamin B12 injection and Phentermine are included in the cost of the visit. The B12 vitamin supplement helps increase energy and your overall nutritional status. You also will be offered a one-month supply of Phentermine, dispensed in the office to reduce your cost and for your convenience.
- Laboratory tests are required, either with us or your doctor. Laboratory testing is required for all patients at your second visit. Cholesterol, blood sugar, blood count, kidney function, liver function and thyroid level will all be assessed. You will have the option of having these drawn by your primary care physician (bring us a copy) or at the laboratory here at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
Generally, your first visit should take about 45 to 60 minutes. Follow-up visits typically take about 10 to 20 minutes.
Make an appointment! We’re ready to help!