With 2019 officially behind us, it’s only natural to want to switch things up a bit for the new year, especially in the health department. But with how hectic and busy the holiday season can get at times, many of us end up feeling too tired and/or unmotivated at the start of the new year to focus on anything health-related. In fact, this is typically the time when you begin to feel the over-whelm of your New Year’s resolutions and can’t help but worry that another year will pass without you meeting your most pressing health goals.
If this sounds all too familiar to you, then please know that you are not alone! Most people set out with ambitious plans to get healthier each year but then quickly come to realize they may be in over their heads. This usually happens not because they don’t know what to do but mainly because they lack adequate support and accountability in their daily routine to make lasting lifestyle changes.
One of the most effective ways to ensure you’re receiving all of the support you need to achieve all of your weight and wellness goals is to have a Lifestyle Medicine practitioner on your team. Lifestyle Medicine is an evidence-based approach to preventing, treating and even reversing weight problems and/or other conditions by promoting healthy, practical and sustainable behaviors, such as: 1) Eating a diet rich in whole, plant-based food; 2) Being physically active on a regular, consistent basis; 3) Developing daily strategies to manage stress; 4) Obtaining adequate sleep; 5) Having a strong emotional support system; and 6) Avoiding risky substance use.
Here at Olivera Health + Wellness, we’re committed to making these healthy lifestyle tools accessible to all of our patients. This is why we have enlisted the help of Dr. Eva Dec, a Lifestyle Medicine expert! As a naturopath, chiropractor, and holistic health coach with a diverse background, Dr. Eva is experienced in the management of patients with lifestyle-related conditions including weight issues and obesity, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalances, autoimmune disorders, and other chronic diseases. You can read more about Dr. Eva and her background here!
Dr. Eva is excited to lend her expertise to Olivera and she can’t wait to start helping you reach your health goals for 2020 and beyond! Check out the following services she is currently offering to new and existing patients:
- Complimentary 15-minute TeleHealth consultations designed to introduce you to the concept of Lifestyle Medicine and how it can help you achieve sustainable health results.
- 60-minute Initial Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching sessions ($100/session) designed to review your specific wellness goals and create a personalized lifestyle plan to reach them.
- 30-minute Follow-up Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching sessions ($50/session) designed to keep your accountable and supported as you navigate your personalized lifestyle plan.
- Functional Medicine appointments (from $150-300/session) designed for more comprehensive health support and advanced testing with the goal of uncovering and addressing the root cause behind your chronic symptoms.
Besides the specialized, one-on-one consultations with Dr. Eva Dec, some of the other exciting changes on tap for 2020 at Olivera include:
- More scheduling options for your convenience, with appointments being available during regular office hours – even on Saturdays!
- New Non-pharmaceutical weight loss supplements selected carefully to offer you the most evidence-based natural solutions in support of healthy weight loss. You can learn more about these products here: Link to the blog on Weight Loss supplements.
- Customized weekly meal plans designed to help you reach your weight and wellness goals via easy-to-follow menus, shopping lists, recipes, and more.
Ready to make an appointment with Dr. Dec and/or to learn more about any of the above services? Just book online or call us at 773-327-6624. Remember – for the latest in news, up-dates, and special offers from Olivera Health + Wellness, make sure to subscribe to our email newsletter.