Ask anyone who’s experienced a migraine, and they’ll tell you – with wide-ranging symptoms painful enough to disturb daily routines and disrupt everyday life, this all-too-common condition is no joke. And when it comes to getting relief, what works for some may not be effective for others.
What’s more, migraine is often undiagnosed or underdiagnosed, and sufferers are commonly prescribed inadequate treatments.
There’s hope for Chicago area migraine sufferers. If you’re looking to ward off migraines, or speed up your recovery from a recent migraine attack, safe and affordable IV therapy from Olivera Health + Wellness may be for you.
First, let’s look at a few facts surrounding the causes and prevalence of migraines:
- About 12% of the population suffers from some form of migraine headaches, with 3% suffering from chronic migraine, which is a migraine that occurs on at least 15 days out of the month for 6 months or longer.
- Migraines are most common in those aged 30-60, and women are about three times more likely than men to experience migraines – but attacks can affect men and women of all ages.
- Migraine attacks can be triggered by a variety of stimuli including menstruation, light glare, alcohol consumption, or certain fragrances – or, in some cases, can be triggered spontaneously.
- Aside from moderate to severe headaches, symptoms associated with migraine attacks include sinus pressure; neck pain; dizziness; increased sensitivity to light, noise, or odors; difficulty concentrating; anxiety; nausea and vomiting; and changes in mood.
- Migraine attacks typically last about 24 hours but can range in length anywhere from 4 hours to 3 days.
While there is no definitive cure for migraine attacks, IV Therapy has been proven effective at treating individual symptoms of migraines such as pain and nausea, and can also decrease the regularity of migraines via increased hydration. IV therapy can also help those who are getting over a migraine flareup – multivitamin infusion delivers essential vitamins and electrolytes to assist with the recovery process, with benefits lasting up to 2 weeks.
Whether you are seeking to avoid the onset of migraines, or getting over a flareup, Olivera Health + Wellness can help. Schedule your appointment today by giving us a call at (773) 327-6624 or stopping into our Chicago location during regular business hours.