The leaves are turning, and the days are getting shorter – the march toward winter has begun. And while this time of year brings a certain amount of joy and merriment with the coming of the holidays, one aspect of winter that’s not so joyous is the onset of cold and flu season.
Affecting up to a quarter of Americans every year, the flu brings nasty symptoms including fever, fatigue, body aches, and nausea, just to name a few. We’re entering prime cold and flu season now, so it’s a great time to be mindful of how to keep your immune system at peak functionality.
Your first line of defense is, of course, proper self-care – and on this front, there are plenty of ways to be proactive and keep the cold and flu at bay:
- Stop the spread of germs by practicing good general hygiene. Shower daily and be sure to wash your hands frequently, especially before eating or preparing food.
- Keep your body running like a finely tuned machine, by making sure to get adequate sleep, stay hydrated, and eat a balanced and nutritious diet.
- Stay active! Alongside its better-known benefits for your waistline, regular exercise also helps circulate white blood cells, your body’s front-line warriors in the battle against cold, flu, and other ailments.
- Get a flu shot!
Looking for an extra edge? Olivera Health + Wellness is here to help. As you may know, we’ve recently unveiled our new and improved menu of services, and from IV infusions and add-ons, to intramuscular booster shots, we have a variety of offerings designed to help you power through cold and flu season:
- Bolster your defenses with our Immunity IV. With zinc, Vitamin C, and a complex of B-vitamins, this IV infusion is aimed at improving immune function and boosting mental clarity.
- Try our Immune Boost, an intramuscular shot of zinc and Vitamin C that strengthens the immune system alongside a host of other benefits.
- Or, unleash the power of glutathione, a potent antioxidant that targets toxins and free radicals in the body, boosting immune functionality while helping to fight the effects of aging. It’s a featured ingredient in our Antioxidant Boost, and is also available as an add-on to IV Hydration Therapy.
Don’t get caught flat-footed when cold and flu season strikes. By starting with proactive and diligent self-care, and following up with immune-boosting options from Olivera Health + Wellness, you’ll be equipped to handle whatever winter throws your way.
Ready to get started? Contact Olivera Health + Wellness today. Just book your appointment online, call us at 773-327-6624, or simply stop into either our Chicago or Elmhurst office location during business hours. And don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter for the latest in news and offers from Olivera Health + Wellness!