Kale is is “all the craze” these days, and right now, it is also in season! If you are craving salty, crunchy foods, but are trying to eat a healthy diet, lose weight or increase the amount of vegetables you eat, kale chips might be the answer you’ve been looking for! This quick and easy recipe for kale chips is something you will certainly enjoy.
- 1 medium bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (more or less, to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash kale leaves and dry very well.
3. Using a paring knife or kitchen scissors, trim out the ribs and discard. Cut or tear the remaining kale into approximately two-inch pieces.
4. Place kale in a large bowl and toss gently but thoroughly, making sure that every last bit of kale leaf is coated with olive oil.
5. Lay kale in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt.
6. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, just until crisp. Start checking at 8 minutes – don’t overcook!
7. Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two, then serve.
If you are trying to lose weight, please consider visiting us at Olivera Weight Management.
We use research-proven strategies, approaches and tools to help our patients achieve successful weight loss. We offer a variety of services to meet your needs. In our remote Nutrition Consultations, our Registered Dietitian develops a plan customized to meet your needs without you ever having to leave your home. Phentermine, an FDA approved appetite suppressant proven to help patients lose weight, is available at Olivera Weight Management for patients who qualify. We offer all services in a caring, supportive environment. For more information on pricing and our other services, please visit our webpage or give us a call at 773-327-6624. Follow us on Facebook for free weight loss tips, recipes and more.
*Please note, appointments are required for new patients and strongly encouraged for returning patients to minimize wait times.*