The term lipotropic means “fat loving,” and these agents play an important role in how the liver metabolizes fat. Lipotropic injections contain a combination of B vitamins, an amino acid, and other nutrients to help drive the breakdown of fat. Through their involvement in fat metabolism, they can help maintain a healthy liver but may also help with weight loss. Many of our patients find them helpful in promoting weight loss.
What do they do?
• They increase the production of lecithin by the liver, which helps metabolize fats. This helps lower cholesterol in the blood vessels, potentially decreasing gallstone formation.
• They prevent the accumulation of fats in the liver, which can improve liver function.
• They increase natural energy production from B vitamins.
What are some of the important functions of the individual lipotropic agents?
• Choline is a nutrient usually grouped with the B-complex vitamins. It metabolizes fat. Deficiency in choline can lead to liver disease.
• Inositol is a nutrient usually grouped with the B-complex vitamins. Deficiency in inositol can lead to hair loss. Caffeine may cause depletion of inositol.
• Methionine is an amino acid. It acts as a catalyst for choline and inositol. Along with choline, it can aid in reducing liver fat and protect the kidneys.
What are the common side effects of the injections?
• Injection site tenderness, itchiness or bruising
• Upset stomach
For more information, please see our services page detailing what Olivera Weight Loss has to offer to you in support of your weight loss goals. Still hav