Don’t have the extra cash for a gym membership or a new bike? No problem! There are free
group exercise classes around the city every day of the week. Check these out!
Mondays and Wednesdays join in for a low-impact aerobic workout:
- 9-10 AM Piotrowski Park, 4247 W. 31st St.
- 10:30-11:30 AM Humboldt Park, 1400 N. Sacramento
- 12:30-1:30 PM Potawatomie, 7340 N. Rogers
- 2:30-3:30 PM Albany Park, 4929 N. Sawyer
On Wednesdays at Millennium Park from August 3-31 you can attend Yoga from 7:30-8:15 AM for free!
Tuesdays and Thursdays join in for a low-impact aerobic workout:
- 9-10 AM Harrison Park 1824 S. Wood
- 9-10 AM St. Mary Family Center, 1127 N. Oakley
- 10:15-11:15 AM Gage Park, 2411 W. 55th St.
- 11:30 AM-12:30 PM Davis Square Park, 4430 S. Marshfield
- 3-4 PM St. Elizabeth Hospital, 1431 N. Western
Thursdays 12-1 PM West Bucktown at Moksha Yoga Center.
Fridays join in for a low-impact aerobic workout:
- 9-10 AM Willa Guadalupe, 3021 E. 91st
Saturdays at Millennium Park a variety of group classes are offered throughout the morning, free of charge! From August 6- September 3 you can go to:
- 7 AM Tai Chi
- 8 AM Yoga
- 9 AM Pilates
- 10 AM Zumba
Saturdays in the West Loop you can attend BareFeet Power Yoga from 4:30-5:30 PM for free.
Sundays FFC offers Yoga by the Lake from 11 am – 12 PM at Belmont Harbor, free of charge!
Although exercise is the number one indicator of someone’s likelihood of maintaining weight loss, nutrition-related changes are the most likely to induce weight loss in most individuals. At Olivera Weight Management, we offer a variety of research-proven strategies you can pair up with an exercise routine to lose weight the healthy way! We offer an Integrative Program, a Primary Program, Individualized Nutrition Consultations, Lose It (an 8-week program to kick-start your weight loss) as well as other services. Please visit our website for more detailed information and for pricing.
Authored by Cassandra Towns, RDN, LDN, CD